November 05, 2009

Custom Chinese Banners

My best friend Caroline organizes and plans all the events that her company does. I always help her, but this time I got to actually sew something!  Every year they have something called the CORE (Center Of Recognized Excellence) Awards. There are six pillars associated with the CORE awards, they are Finance, Service, Community, Growth, People, and Quality. One award is given in association with each of these areas. This years theme was "A Trip to China." I made banners that displayed each pillar.

Below are the photos of the banners. There is a seventh banner that covered the podium, it said "CORE" on it. I do not have close-up of that banner, but you can see it in the background in the last photo .
Here is a close-up of two of the banners. The Chinese characters do translate correctly. 
Here is a view of the room.
Caroline did a fabulous job!

No comments:

Post a Comment